IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD will accept returns:
While IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD shall makes every effort to accommodate its Consumers and Retailers, our returns policy has to be one that is both reasonable and in strict accordance with Section 56 together with Section 57 of the Consumer Protection Act (the “CPA”)
The Act permits returns within the first 6 Months in the following circumstances;
1. Where goods have been incorrectly supplied. An example of this is where a User orders goods and receives goods that are substantially different from what was ordered. IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD will then have the incorrect goods picked up and the correct goods delivered at no charge to the Consumer.
2. Where the goods sold are materially defective. Materially defective means that the goods are not suitable for the purposes for which they are made or designed and that the defect affects the usage of the item. IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD reserves the right to inspect the goods once they have been returned before offering the Consumer recourse on the matter, which will include;
a) A full refund where the goods are found to be materially defective OR
b) A credit to the value of the goods
c) A replacement of the goods
Materially defective here excludes minor scratches, dents, marks or defects which do not affect the usage or enjoyment of the goods.
3. All goods Purchased from IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD via the Website or Online Platform within 5 days of purchase, also known as the “cooling off” period in terms of the Consumer Protection Act (the “CPA”) IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD will only accept returns if the goods are in their original packaging, unused and the Consumer is able to provide a valid, dated proof of purchase.
4. IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD reserves the right not to process refunds on original shipping fees where items are not defective or incorrectly supplied. Returns processed to IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD shall be at the customer’s cost and for the customer’s account.
IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD will not accept returns:
5. The Consumer Protection Act (the “CPA”) specifically excludes “buyer’s remorse” and IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD reserves the right to reject returns that are sought because the Consumer has “changed his mind” or not longer wants the item after the purchase has been made.
6. Where the goods have been damaged due to ordinary wear and tear or worn out in the ordinary course of use.
7. Where the goods have been purchased from other retailers and not IG HOOSEN PTY LTD.
8. Where the goods fall into one of the following categories:
a) Underwear, sleepwear or personal hygiene items
b) Goods that have been personalized or custom made
c) Goods that have been specifically ordered for the Consumer and are not in ordinary stock
d) Goods that may pose a health or safety hazard if returned or reused.
e) Earrings, including studs, piercings, hair pieces, attachments and other personal body items due to health and safety considerations.
f) Watches that have been activated with the pull-tab removed.
g) Items that have had the seals broken or damaged.
9. Where the goods have been willfully damaged or have been damaged by the gross negligence of the Consumer or Retailer.
10. Where the goods have been damaged by Force Majeur, or an acts beyond IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD’s control such as inclement weather, natural disaster, power failure, electrical surges or other circumstances outside of IG HOOSEN PTY LTD’s control.
11. IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD reserves the right to hold the Consumer Liable for delivery charges in the event of one or more of the above circumstances being the reason for return of the goods.
12. Cash refunds will be processed 7 (seven) to 14 (fourteen) working days from date of refund being accepted. Refunds shall be made to the banking details from which the order was placed, or to the banking details provided to IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD on signing up or account creation.Delivery of Goods IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD shall endeavour to have all orders delivered within 5 days of the order being placed. However, the delivery time may vary depending on external factors beyond IG HOOSEN PTY LTD’s control. IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery. Risk on delivery shall pass to the Consumer upon delivery, unless the Consumer arranges to have the goods picked up or employs the services of his/her own delivery company, in which case risk shall pass to the Consumer upon collection of the goods. No deliveries shall be made to P.O Boxes or LOT No’s or outlying areas which are not accessible by delivery companies. The onus remains with the Consumer to ensure that an accessible physical address is provided. The Consumer has a duty to ensure that the goods are inspected upon delivery, and to notify IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD within 48 hours of any defects, damages or incorrectly supplied goods. Delivery charges shall be detailed with each individual order and may differ based on the size, type and quantity of goods ordered by the Consumer or Retailer. The User or Consumer agrees and accepts that should the he/she change the order, delivery address or specifications after an order has been dispatched, then there shall be delays with the date and time of delivery based on logistical considerations. Cancellation Policy The Consumer may at any time prior to the order being finalized and confirmed online via completion of the transaction, cancel the order at no charge to him or her. Once the order has been confirmed and finalized however, IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD reserves the right to charge a reasonable handling or administrative charge which may be up to 10% of the purchase price of the goods in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (the “CPA”) IG HOOSEN AND COMPANY PTY LTD reserves the right to cancel any order where there is suspicion of fraud, misconduct or other criminal activity and to refuse the supply of goods in such circumstances. The Consumer may not unilaterally cancel the transaction, subject to the terms of the Returns Policy in Clause 7 above. Returns can be sent to the following address: IG Hoosen And Company(Pty)Ltd 202 Kenilworth Park (2nd Floor) Felix Dlamini(Brickfield) Road Overport Durban 4091 031 207 1035